Dr. R. S. Gaud
Director, School of Pharmacy & Technology Management, Shirpur Campus
Experience : 39 years
He has long 39 years professional experience out of which 34 years teaching and research experience and 5 years administrative experience at national level.
Presently, he is a member of Academic Council, Advisory Committee / Council, Finance Committee of SVKM’s NMIMS. He is also involved in academic activities and Member of Board of Studies, Ph.D. evaluation and Staff Selection Panel of many Indian Universities. He was President of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, Banglore (2001-2004) and also member of Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi for six years (2000-2006). He is Chairman of Board of Studies for Pharmaceutics and Quality Assurance, Board of Studies for Pharm. Chemistry, Pharm. Biotechnology, Natural Products and Pharm. Analysis, Board of Studies for Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, Board of Studies for Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences and Board of Studies for Pharmaceutical Technology Management.
He was also the Member Secretary of All India Boards of Pharmaceutical Education, Architect and Town Planning, Biotechnology, Information Technology Education, Hotel Management & Catering Technology and Undergraduate Studies in Engineering & Technology.
- Novel drug delivery systems
- Herbal Products
- Publications – 104 (International – 39, National – 65)
- Books – 12
- Patents – 05 (2 Granted and 3 in pipeline)
- Presentations – 95 (International – 47, National - 48)
- Government funded projects – 01
- Ongoing - 01
- Novel Intranasal Delivery of Antiparkinson Agents, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)- Extramural Research Division, New Delhi for Rs. 20.00 lakhs
- Industry projects – 01
- Ongoing - 01
- Project Calamine Lotion, Encube Ethicals Pvt. Ltd. for Rs. 4.50 lakhs
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended- 110
He has guided 36 M.Pharm. students for their research projects.
He has guided 15 Ph.Ds. successfully and 03 candidates are registered under his supervision.
- “Best Dean Award”, 2nd World Education Congress, Mumbai, 2012
- “MPA Award”, Best Services in Pharmacy Profession, Maharashtra Pharmacist Association, Mumbai, 2010
- “Best Citizen of India Award” Longman Press, New Delhi, 2009
- “Pride of India Award”, Global Economic Council, ND-National Unity and Economic Development, Banglore, 2007
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)
- Indian Pharmacy Graduates' Association (IPGA)
- Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Editorial Board Membership
- Indian Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmacology
- Journal- Antimicrobial materials
- Alice Varghese, Nancy Pandita, R.S. Gaud, In vitro and in vivo Evaluation of CYP1A Interaction Potential of Terminalia Arjuna Bark, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 76, issue 2, pages 138-147, April 2014.
- Kharkar Prashant S. Warrier Sona, Gaud Ram S., Reverse docking: a powerful tool for drug repositioning and drug rescue, Future Medicinal Chemistry, Vol. 6, issue 3, pages 333 – 342, March 2014.
- R. S. Gaud, P. Tripura Sundari, Richa Shah, Formulation and Evaluation of Febuxostat Nanoparticles, American Journal of Pharmtech Research, Vol. 4, issue 1, pages 378-388, February 2014.
- Ram Gaud, Vaishali Londhe, Surendra Agrawal, Niosomes: Layered Delivery System for Drug Targeting, International Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 3, issue 1, pages 413-417, January 2014.