Dr. Ranajit N. Shinde
M.S., Ph. D.
Areas of Specialization
Medicinal Chemistry, Computational Chemistry
[2014- 2017] CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Protein Science and Engineering Research, Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India.
[2006–2008] Senior Scientist in the Computer Aided Drug Design group at Connexios Life Sciences Private Ltd., Bangalore, India. Work: anti-diabetic drug design using computationaltools.
Decipher protein-protein/ligand interactions at the molecular level and use them for the drug design.
Computer aided drug design, molecular dynamics, protein co-crystallization
- Shinde RN, Subramanian K, Singh B. Molecular dynamics studies unravel role of conserved residues responsible for movement of ions into active site of DHBPS, 2017. Scientific Reports 7, 40452.(IF – 5.228)
- Shinde RN, Sobhia ME. Binding and discerning interactions of PTP1B allosteric inhibitors: Novel insights from molecular dynamics simulations. J Mol Graph Mod,2013, 45, 98–110.(IF – 2.022)
- Shinde RN, Sobhia ME. Geometrical criteria for characterizing open and closed states of WPD-loop in PTP1B. J Mol Struct, 2012, 1017, 79–83.(IF – 1.404)
- Sobhia ME, Paul S, Shinde RN, Potluri M, Gundam V, Kaur A, Haokip T. Protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors: a patent review (2002 - 2011). Expert Opin Ther Pat, 2012, 22(2), 125-153. (IF – 3.525)
- Shah A, Shinde R, Kare P, Hymavathi, Chavan S and Sobhia ME. Induced fit binding of aldose reductase inhibitors to AKR1B10. Med Chem Res, 2012 21(7), 1245-1252.(IF – 1.612)
- Shinde RN, Srikanth K, Sobhia ME. Insights into the permeability of drugs and drug‐like molecules from MI‐QSAR and HQSAR studies. J Mol Model, 2012, 18(3), 947-962.(IF – 1.984)
- Kumar R, Shinde RN, Ajay D, Sobhia ME. Probing interaction requirements in PTP1B inhibitors: A comparative molecular dynamics study. J Chem Inf Mod, 2010, 50(6), 1147‐1158.(IF – 3.822)
- Shinde RN, Gupta S and Mohan CG. Information rich descriptors for predicting p-glycoprotein substrates and nonsubstrates: A binary-QSAR approach. Chem Biol Interface, 2012, 2(3), 140-156.
- Shinde R, Garg D, Wahajuddin, Mohan CG. Impact of structural bioinformatics on drug discovery, Cur Res Inf Pharm Sci, 2005, July, 17-23.
Abstract: Ranajit Shinde, M. Elizabeth Sobhia. Role of α7 helix in the binding of PTP1B allosteric inhibitors. Med Chem Res, 2010, 19, S45‐S149, S121.
Abstract: Ranajit Shinde, Anup Shah, Pavan Kare, Swapnil Chavan, V. Hymavathi, M. Elizabeth Sobhia. Induced fit binding of aldose reductase inhibitor zopolrestat to akr1b10. Med Chem Res, 2010, 19, S45‐S149, S54.