The following are some of the important rules for the central library
Admission to Library
- Membership/Identity cards are required to be shown at the entrance on demand.
- Personal belonging are not allowed to be taken inside the Library. It should be deposited at the Property Counter and should be collected back on the same day otherwise Library will not be responsible for any loss.
- Members can take their personal books into library after necessary checking by library staff.
- Readers should handle the library reading material very carefully and should not damage (writing, Marking & Tearing books)
- Failing to do so /damage library material or property, the person concerned shall be liable to pay the replacement cost. In addition, his membership may be cancelled at the discretion of the Deputy Librarian.
- Members are expected to maintain strict silence and conduct themselves with dignity to maintain atmosphere for study and research.
- Library members should not misbehave with library staff.
- Library reading material can’t be taken out without getting it properly issued.
- Members have to maintain complete silence in the Library (do not talk or discus, use of cell phone/Head Phone/I-pod etc is strictly prohibited).
- Short pants / Bermuda, eatable & cold drinks are not allowed in the library premises.
- All regular members are eligible for issue three books for a week.
- Books belonging to Reserve & Reference Section and Periodicals will not be issued in any condition.
- Reading material’s overdue charges will be collected as per the library policy.
Conditions of Loan
- An over-due charge of Rs 3.00 per book, per day will be charged
- Books issued/loaned can be requested back for re-possession by the Deputy Librarian at any time.
Loss of Books
In case of loss of library books the reader has to submit new book or pay recent cost of the lost book
Loss of Library Card
- The loss of library card should be immediately reported to the circulation desk in writing.
- On request, duplicate card may be issued within 7 days from the application and for that the member has to pay Rs.50/- for the duplicate card.
Reservations of Books
- Library members can reserve online only 2 books at a time.
- The reserved/ on demand books will not be reissued once returned.
- The Library membership card will not be transferable.
- Any constructive suggestion from readers will be most welcomed.
- Members will maintain strict discipline and decorum in the library.
- No one should remove newspaper/ current issues of periodical on display without prior permission.
- No one should enter the counter or use library instruments/equipments without prior permission.
- Members/ borrowers are requested to check the physical condition of the books before issuing, at the time of returning a damaged book will not be accepted.
- Members who have over-due charges pending shall not be allowed to issue books or withdraw security deposit.
- The Deputy Librarian may relax/change the library rules from time to time.
- Any one found violating afore mentioned library rules will be liable to such action as may be deemed necessary by the Deputy Librarian.