Toxicology, Oncology, Molecular Biology, Drug Screening, Herbal Drugs, Ethnopharmacology,
- Innovative Idea Award- Second Position, IPA MP Pharma Meet 2018 on 8th April 2018.
- Best Oral Presentation Award- Ninth place (certificate & cash award of Rs.15,000/-) at 69th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Chandigarh on 22-24th Dec 2017 (out of total 2,120 papers).
- Lakshya – Sparsh 2017 Award for ‘Health Facilitator Network’ at the event Lakshya: Orchestrating Corporate Excellence by National Institute Industrial Engineering (NITIE, Govt. of India & United Nations), Mumbai on 13th Oct 2017.
- 'Award of Excellence' top performer of the Programme: Four week FDP on 'Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning' organized by IIT Bombay under National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD) and funded by SAP India Pvt. Ltd.
- First Prize for ‘Innovative Idea Competition’ at IPA MP Pharma Meet 2016 organized on 13th March 2016 at Indore.
- Appreciation award by Chief Medical and Health Officer, Public Health and Family Welfare Department (Govt of M.P.), Indore for work on AIDS Control Program on 1st December 2016.
- Best Oral Research Paper award at Annual convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, APTICon 2015 organized on 9-11th Oct 2015.
- Selected among 10 best papers for “ACBR Young Scientist Presentation” at 32nd Annual Convention of Indian Association for Cancer Research and international symposium on Infection and Cancer, at Delhi University, New Delhi on November 2013.
- Represented M.P. at National level research project presentation competition at National Children’s Science Congress (NCSC), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India at Anna University, Chennai. Dec. 1998.
- Qualified for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) in 1992 (Fully funded Residential School of MHRD, Govt of India).
Completed Project: ‘Generation of pharmaceutical and medical related scientific contents’ at SGSITS Indore.
Funding Industry: p-square-e-services, Gurugram, NCR
Books/Book chapters published
Maru S, Mahata S, Shukla S, Hedau S, Bharti AC, Das B C. 2009. Elimination of HPV and control of viral oncogene expression in cervical cancer cells by herbal compounds. In: Treatment of Advanced Stage Cancers: Current Status & Emerging Frontiers. Talwar, G.P. and Sood, O.P eds (Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi) Chapter 13; pp. 120-130 (Published by Immunological Society of India & Ranbaxy Research Foundation).
Recent Publications: (Last three years):
Pathak H., Maru S., Satya H.N., Silawat S.C. Field studies of some herbal extracts on forest nursery plants. Vaniki Sandesh (official publication of State Forest Research Institute, M.P.). 2016: 7, 7-17.
Pathak H., Maru S., Satya H.N., Silawat S.C. Fungal diseases of trees in forest nurseries of Indore, India. J Plant Pathol. Microb. 2015. 6 (8), 297.
Gadamsetty G., Maru S., Tyagi A., Sarada. N.C. Cytotoxic and apoptosis induction potential of Mimusops elengi L. in human cervical cancer (SiHa) cell line. J. King Saud. Univ., Sci. Elsevier Publishers. 2014. 26 (4), 333–337.
1. Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) 
2. Indian Association for Cancer Research (IACR). 
3. Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS). 
4. Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA). 
Other achievements/ Trainings:
1. Associate Faculty of Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay for Faculty Development Program in ICT in Education.
2. Member, Technical Advisory Team, under ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’ for technical visit to the village Potlod, tah. Sanwer, adopted by Hon. Speaker, Lok Sabha & Member of Parliament, Indore Smt Sumitra Mahajan.
3. Member, Research Advisory Committee, Central Research Lab (MDRU, MultiDisciplinary Research Unit), Dept. of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Govt. of India at M.G.M. Medical College, Indore.
4. Expert at meeting with Head, Rural Technology Advisory Group (RuTAG) of Prime Minister Office, Govt. of India on ‘Rural Technology in M.P.: Present status and future prospects’ at Madhya Pradesh Council of Science & Technology (MPCST).
5. Scientific Adviser, Research and Extension Wing (Forest Department, MP Govt.), Indore.
6. CPCSEA Nominee (Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF & CC), Govt. of India.
7. Honorary Animal Welfare Officer, Animal Welfare Board of India, Ministry of Environment and Forest & Climate Change, Govt. of India.
8. Incharge-Student Mobilization, Nodal Committee, Pradhan Mantry Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY, Prime Minister Skill Development Program) at SGSITS, Indore.
9. Served as Jury member for My Campaign: A National Level Event of IIMs organized by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore.
10. Invited Member, Board of Studies, Department of Pharmacy, SGSITS, Indore, from 2008- 2018.
Invited Speaker/Resource Person:
- Served as Resource Person for one day M. P. Council for Science and Technology sponsored National Conference on ‘Revival, Modernization and Validation of Tribal Medicine to Treat Life Threatening Diseases’ at Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy, Indore on 16th April 2018.
- Served as Resource Person for two days Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune sponsored seminar on ‘Drug Discovery and Recent Development’ at Matoshri College of Pharmacy, Nashik on 17th Feb 2018.
- Delivered a Plenary Lecture in DBT, Govt. of India sponsored 2 weeks Short Term Training Course on ‘Biotechnology Research: A Toll to improve the quality of research’ from 4th Dec. to 19th Dec. 2017 on at Adina Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sagar.
- As Resource Person at the AICTE Sponsored Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme 13th Nov-25th Nov 2017 on ‘Up-gradation of Pharmaceutical Education Through Advances in the ICT – Blended Teaching / Learning Process’ on 20th Nov 2017 at R. C. Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Shirpur.
- As Resource Person at NITI Ayog’s India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit at Dantewada, Chhattisgarh on 14th Nov, 2017 as part of 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit jointly organized by NITI Ayog, Govt of India and United States of America (USA).
- As Resource Person (Speaker) at National Workshop on 'Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis & Immunodiagnostic Techniques' on 19th Sept. 2016 at Adina Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sagar sponsored Dept of Bio-Technology (DBT), Govt of India and M. P. Council of Science & Technology (MPCST), Bhopal.
- Delivered Guest Lecture on ‘Herbal drug targeting in cancers’ at 2nd National Seminar & Intellectual Property Fair on Green Pharmacy organized by B R N College of Pharmacy, Mandsaur (M.P.) on 28th & 29th October 2006.
- TEQIP-III Sponsored Short Term Training Program on ‘Research Methodology’ from 26-30 June 2018 by Department of Management Studies & Industrial and Production Engineering, SGSITS, Indore.
- TEQIP-III Sponsored One Week Short Term Training Programme on ‘Advances & Research Trends in Chemical Technology and Science’ on 21-25 May 2018 by Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, SGSITS, Indore.
- 'Orientation workshop for Associate Faculty’ at IIT Bombay on 25-26 March 2017 organized by NMEICT, MHRD, Govt of India.
- AICTE Approved Four week FDP on 'Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning' from 2 May to 10 July 2016 organized by IIT Bombay under National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD) and funded by SAP India Pvt. Ltd.
- ‘Researcher Connect’ by Wiley on 26 October 2015 at IIT Indore.
- CPCSEA Nominee Training Program: One week training at National Institute of Animal Welfare (Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India), Ballabhgarh, Faridabad from 13th May to 17th May 2013.
- Two week ISTE workshop on ‘Introduction to Research methodology’ conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay from 25th June - 04th July 12.
- Ten days workshop on “Enhancement of Employable skills in pharmaceutical Industry” by APITCO at SGSITS Indore during 16th-25th September 2011.
- Participated in 2 days short term hands on training course on ‘Monolithic chromatographic systems’ at CBST, VIT University, Vellore on 16-17th Feb 2007.
Official email id